As 2017 comes to an end and we start to welcome 2018, everyone starts to think about their goals for the new year. Now a lot of people make extravagant goals that are impossible to achieve and then we feel sad and deflated when they don’t get accomplished. This includes me! So, this year I am setting realistic goals for myself, ones that I can obtain if I really set my mind to it. I also thought that if I wrote about them on my blog then I would have my followers to hold me accountable! Our trip to Vienna got postponed until Monday so I had some time today to sit down and really think about what I wanted to accomplish this year so here it is!
- I want to teach 200 classes a month total for VIPKID, but start with 100 classes in January, and 150 classes in February. I feel like this will be a realistic goal for me since I will be hitting my goal of 50 classes taught this month! I will strive for 200 because that will give me an income close to what I had before the shooting!
- I want to lose 50lbs. There it is the typical weight loss resolution that almost everyone does. To me it is less about the pounds and more of the dress size. I bought my wedding dress in a size 16, yes that is my current size…I am being honest with you guys, I hate the size I am now. I can alter my dress down two dress sizes so my goal is to be a size 12 before the wedding so I can wear that size. I could lose more than 50 pounds but losing weight is so hard, it is literally the hardest thing I have ever done that is why it hasn’t happened for me since high school. So, I hope to focus on little things that will make it easier for me as well as focus on exercise that is fun.
- I want to focus on exercising 5 days a week. Instead of going overboard and trying to do all these intense workouts early in the morning every day, I am going to work out 5 days a week instead. Between dance classes, running, or doing the elliptical I am looking forward to enjoying my workouts.
- I hope to pay off my debt in 2018. Like many other young college graduates, I went a little too far with credit cards and dug myself into a hole. I have learned my lesson and as I am about to get married I do not want to bring Michael down with me. So, I have a plan set up and hopefully will be debt free for 2019!
- My favorite resolution is more of a fact. I want to marry my best friend in 2018. Michael and I are getting married in August and I couldn’t be more excited. This year will be full of planning and getting ready for the wedding.
- I want to travel to 10 countries, with Michael’s new job that doesn’t seems like a far-fetched idea. My first two countries will be in the next 2 months with Austria and China. I can’t wait to see what other countries I will knock of the list!
- I want to visit 2 Disney parks in the world that I haven’t been too. I have only been to the original Disneyland and I am a super fan. I have been 10 times and I view myself as a Disney expert. While I am in China I plan on visiting the newer Shanghai Disneyland park, which helps me knock one more park off my ultimate bucket list. Before I die I want to visit very Disney park in the world! This year I hope to cross 2 off my list between China and our honeymoon at Disneyworld!
- Lastly, I hope to be able to watch and hear fireworks by next New Year’s Eve. To me this is a very personal decision for me since it is a major trigger since I was in the shooting. I plan on wearing earplugs this year and I hope by next this time next year I will be able to have no trouble.
Thank you so much for reading as always and I hope that your resolutions and wishes for 2018 will come true! If you put your mind to it anything is possible!